Sunday, November 18, 2012

Your Sister's Sister (2011)

Your Sister's Sister (2011)

Directed by: Lynn Shelton
Screenplay by: Lynn Shelton

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

A comedy about doing the right thing with the wrong person.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm not the biggest fan of the "mumblecore" genre, but in general what I've seen I've enjoyed (ranging from mediocre films like Cyrus and Baghead to ones I've really appreciated, like Jeff, Who Lives at Home). Your Sister's Sister falls a few notches above the middle, as it's a film I enjoyed despite a couple minor issues. One issue I don't have is Emily Blunt, who I completely adore. Opposite her is Mark Duplass, an actor (and co-director of all three mumblecore films I mentioned above) I generally like, but he comes off as whiny and annoying throughout the first half of the film (his character improves, however). In general, Your Sister's Sister is a nice little rom-com-dram, and one I approve of if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment