Monday, December 26, 2011

Your Highness (2011)

Your Highness (2011)

Directed by: David Gordon Green
Screenplay by: Danny McBride and Ben Best

Genre: Adventure | Comedy | Fantasy
Running Time: 106 Minutes (Unrated Cut)
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Get your quest on.

[IMDb]




Comments: I was so excited when I learned that pretty much everyone behind Pineapple Express was getting together again to make Your Highness (plus the goddess-like combination of Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel). However, once the film came out, there were so many negative reviews from critics and fans alike that I lost a significant interest in it. Though I bought the Blu-ray when it came out (mainly because I saved $10 when I bought it along with Paul), I still didn't have much of a desire to see the film. Now that I have seen it, what do I have to say to the haters?

Fuck them. Your Highness was funny as shit. Sure, it's filled with over-the-top stupidity and jam-packed with nothing but dick jokes (come on, tell you didn't laugh when they were trying to prevent "The Fuckening" from occurring), but I'll be damned if I wasn't chuckling for most of the movie. Honestly, I can see why people didn't like it, but then again I'm not most people. Your Highness was funny, so fuck you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment