Monday, December 26, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Screenplay by: Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney

Genre: Action | Adventure | Crime | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 129 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

[IMDb]






Comments: Admittedly, if you asked me what to see tonight at the theater, I'd certainly say The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That would be followed by Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, mainly because I loved Mission: Impossible III. I really had no interest in seeing Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, because two years ago I wasn't all that impressed with the first installment. It was an alright film, but it never quite clicked for me. However, my friends were all about seeing A Game of Shadows tonight, so I tagged along.

And I'm so fucking glad I did. I loved Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It's a funny, interesting, and most certainly entertaining piece of popcorn. The work between Robert Downey Jr. and Jared Harris (Professor James Moriarty) was enthralling and totally made the film. Guy Ritchie's direction is very stylistic, but it works for the film. To be honest, I don't remember a whole lot from 2009's outing, so I can't really compare the two. I do own the Blu-ray however, so I plan on revisiting it soon.

I'm on vacation this week, so I have a sneaking suspicion both The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol will get their due. But Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows was so damn entertaining that even if I don't get to see the other two films, I'm still satisfied. If you like having a good time at the movies, I strongly recommend checking this shit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment