Tuesday, December 27, 2011

30 Minutes or Less (2011)

30 Minutes or Less (2011)

Directed by: Ruben Fleischer
Screenplay by: Michael Diliberti

Genre: Action | Adventure | Comedy | Crime
Running Time: 83 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: I think something's wrong with me. If you asked me before I watched films like Hall Pass, Your Highness, or 30 Minutes or Less, I probably would've told you they weren't going to be any good based on critic and fan reactions alike. Yet I've enjoyed all of them, popular opinion be damned. In the case of 30 Minutes or Less, there's a high suspension of disbelief required to enjoy the proceedings, but once I got over all that, I really enjoyed the film. It's a quick and fun follow up to Ruben Fleischer's Zombieland (though not nearly as good; I'm eagerly anticipating Zombieland 2) that doesn't need much setup or explanation to enjoy the proceedings onscreen. Plus, I enjoyed the entire cast, although Aziz Ansari needs a little more work because it looked like he was performing stand-up rather than acting half of the time. In any case, 30 Minutes or Less is a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment