Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010)

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010)

Directed by: Eli Craig
Screenplay by: Eli Craig and Morgan Jurgenson

Genre: Comedy | Horror
Running Time: 89 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Evil just messed with the wrong hillbillies.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've wanted to see Tucker and Dale vs. Evil for some time now. I remember hearing about it well over a year ago, but goddamn did it take forever for it to come out on Blu-ray. I had the opportunity to watch it On Demand, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $9.99 for a rental, so I had to bide my time.

It's great to see Tucker Labine as I'm a big fan of his. He's hysterical in everything I've seen him in, which prior to Tucker and Dale was the only Reaper and the short-lived Sons of Tucson. He's a great comedic actor who I think could be really popular when given the right roles.

The film itself was rather good, and I found much of the first half to be pretty fucking funny. I found myself laughing a few times, particularly when Tucker and Dale theorized that the college kids were running around committing suicide. I found the end to be a bit dull, as everything that was funny and original about the beginning became clichéd and predictable at the end (Behind the Mask has a similar feel to it). Still, I really liked Tucker and Dale vs. Evil and would easily recommend it to any horror fan. It's fun, and certainly worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment