Monday, December 12, 2011

Everything Must Go (2010)

Everything Must Go (2010)

Directed by: Dan Rush
Screenplay by: Dan Rush

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 97 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Lost is a good place to find yourself.

[IMDb]




Comments: Apparently I subconsciously decided that my day off today would be spent watching dark indie comedies. Not that it's a bad thing, as I rather enjoyed myself. And I really enjoyed Everything Must Go. I was surprised with how much I distanced Will Ferrell's Nick from his past comedic roles. I've never been that sold on Ferrell as a dramatic actor, but he's really convinced me here, and the film reflects that. It's funny without really going for laughs, and it's touching without ever being over-dramatic. Does that make sense? Eh, whatever. I liked this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment