Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Office - Season Three (2006-2007)

The Office (2005-????)

Created by: Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant
Developed by: Greg Daniels

Season: Three (2006-2007)
Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Number of Episodes: 23
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Reams of laughs.

[IMDb]



Comments: Wow, I have just been plowing through these episodes. I guess that's what happens when you have too much free time/no life. Anyway, Season Three was another strong showing. I realize that a lot of people watch the show because of Dwight and Michael, as so often the episodes are based around them, but I really wish the show had some more of Jim and Pam. I like the slow build of the relationship, but each episode I was always more concerned with how they were going to interact moreso than whatever party Michael was throwing. And then some episodes they didn't even really show their great chemistry at all? I couldn't imagine watching this show on a week-by-week basis because it would get so frustrating waiting for that moment.

I'd like to add that I really liked the character of Ryan (B.J. Novak) a lot more. At first I wondered why Novak was even in the main credits, considering he gets as little screen time as the rest of the secondary characters (I always assumed it's because he's a producer/writer on the show, which means he gets to be in the main credits). But he really was funny as hell this season (in his limited screen time). While I still don't know why he gets to be in the main credits, he definitely stands out as the best of the rest in The Office. And I like Ed Helms, but holy shit his character is annoying. I was excited that he was sent away for "anger management" but I always knew he'd be back, considering he's on the covers of the upcoming DVDs and those somewhat annoying TBS commercials.

Anyway, time to slam through Season Four and hope that my order of Season Five gets here on Saturday-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment