Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dinner for Schmucks (2010)

Dinner for Schmucks (2010)

Directed by: Jay Roach
Screenplay by: David Guion and Michael Handelman

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 114 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

Takes one to know one.

[IMDb]




Comments: While I've wanted to see Dinner for Schmucks since I first saw the trailer, my enthusiasm was muted slightly by the average reviews the film started getting last week. So with my expectations in check, I headed to the theater this afternoon not expecting much. And perhaps that's why I fucking loved the film. Dinner for Schmucks was very funny, and I found myself entertained for the nearly two hour runtime. Sure, the plot's both ridiculous and thin, but once Steve Carell and Paul Rudd get together on screen, none of that really matters. I found that the film is reminiscent of I Love You, Man (and not just because Paul Rudd's in both), as the film has a very similar plot at its core, while being tonally similar throughout. But anyway, I really enjoyed Dinner for Schmucks for what it was. Screw what the critics say.

No comments:

Post a Comment