Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Office - Season One (2001)

The Office (2001-2003)

Created by: Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant

Season: One (2001)
Genre: Comedy | Drama
Number of Episodes: 6
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: Original review: Throughout all of my years, all of the awesome films, marvelous television shows, and wonderful trash I have watched, there is nothing to me greater than the original Office. There is no film or television series that has made me both laugh and cry like a little baby like this one has. From the epic performance by Ricky Gervais as David Brent to the amazingly told love saga of Tim and Dawn, this show is absolute perfection to me. I own the three seasons of the new Office with Steve Carell, but have not been able to watch it. I saw the first ten minutes when it premiered and turned it off; it was too similar to the original. I have read many reviews stating it found its footing in the second season, so one day I will have to visit the new Office. Until then, I have Tim, Dawn, David, and even Gareth to keep me company. Absolute perfection.

Updated thoughts: Don't get me wrong, the original Office is my favorite show of all time. But I really didn't realize how much I enjoyed the new Office, and how much it has grown on me. It really is a great show as well, and upon revisiting the show I probably will rate it higher (I still think there's a few too many episodes a season though). And finally, no matter how obsessed I was with Tim and Dawn (and how many times I watched their penultimate scene), I did find myself missing a little bit of the absolute chemistry and wonderfulness that is Jim and Pam. That's one thing I never thought I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment