Monday, August 23, 2010

The Office - Season One (2005)

The Office (2005-????)

Created by: Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant
Developed by: Greg Daniels

Season: One (2005)
Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Number of Episodes: 6
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Reams of laughs.

[IMDb]



Comments: I have put off watching the Americanized version of The Office for five years now. As if I hadn't made it clear before, the original Ricky Gervais Office is my favorite thing ever. Ever. I have attempted to watch the Steve Carrell version a few times before, but the similarity in the first few episodes always drove me away. No matter how many times I've read that the show finds itself in the second season, and how many times I've been told the show is hysterical, I could never get into it. Until now.

Let's be honest. For fans of the original, the first two episodes are awful. They're basically the exact same show with virtually no discernible difference from the Gervais version. Luckily, episodes three through six were hysterical! I knew that once I let myself watch the show I'd be a fan, but I never knew it would be so soon. Sure there's still several similarities to the original, but The Office certainly starts to become it's own show in the second half of Season One (read: it doesn't import joke after joke without changing anything).

So now I'm starting to get hooked. I'm about to chuck in the first disc of Season Two shortly, and I'm very excited. After riding the emotional roller coaster last week with Chuck (I've been re-watching several episodes from Season Two because they're so fucking awesome, which is why I've haven't been watching much else), I think I'm ready to hop back on with Jim and Pam. Don't worry though, because Tim (with his Fisher Price-like cartoon face and hair) and Dawn will always be number one in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment