Sunday, September 18, 2011

Castle - Season One (2009)

Castle (2009-????)

Created by: Andrew W. Marlowe

Season: One (2009)
Genre: Crime | Drama | Mystery
Number of Episodes: 10
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

A whole new chapter in crime solving.

[IMDb]




Comments: I really wanted to like Castle more than I did. I'm a big Nathan Fillion fan, and he and co-star Stana Katic have an undeniable chemistry together. However, beyond the pairing, the show felt very formulaic and, well, boring. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy myself, but Castle never demanded my attention, and when I finished an episode, I never had the burning desire to fast forward through the credits and begin a new adventure. I am curious to see the relationship of the leads develop over a full second season, but I can see myself tiring of twenty-four Season Two episodes. I guess we'll find out.

And it's nice to see that Castle is a responsible father figure and has a great relationship with his daughter. It's rare to see a man in that position on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment