Saturday, September 17, 2011

Drive (2011)

Drive (2011)

Directed by: Nicolas Winding Refn
Screenplay by: Hossein Amini

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 100 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

Some heroes are real.

[IMDb]




Comments: Drive was a very fuckin' cool movie. I'll be honest by saying that it didn't completely live up to my ungodly enormous expectations, but it came pretty damn close. The first half was amazingly well done, as I was giddy with anticipation of what was about to unfold over final half of the film. I can't remember having that feeling during a movie in a long, long time (The Dark Knight comes to mind, and similarly I felt that film didn't quite finish as strongly as it started). Drive is also very brutal, as the violence is turned up to 11 when it's killing time (no complaints from me there; the messier, the better). There's also this odd '80s vibe throughout (as evidenced by the stylized text during the opening credits and the odd music selections throughout the film - that were really great, don't get me wrong). I really enjoyed Drive and highly recommend it. It may not have finished as strong as it started, but it's still a fucking fine piece of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment