Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apollo 18 (2011)

Apollo 18 (2011)

Directed by: Gonzalo López-Gallego
Screenplay by: Brian Miller

Genre: Horror | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 88 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon.

[IMDb]




Comments: First, I have to give credit to the makers of Apollo 18. No matter how the film turned out, I really think this was a cool concept. I know we've seen the "found footage" film many, many times now. But I really like how Apollo 18 was done and the way the film came together (essentially the overall look and feel of the movie). Now, the story itself could certainly have used some more work. It really drags at times, and does nothing to distance itself from other films in the genre (read: all of the "scary" moments are telegraphed, and I saw the exact same camerawork in Cloverfield). I'm probably being a little generous with the rating, but like I said, I really loved the premise and presentation of Apollo 18. It's probably worth a rental down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment