Monday, September 5, 2011

Hour of the Wolf (1968)

Hour of the Wolf (1968)

Directed by: Ingmar Bergman
Screenplay by: Ingmar Bergman

Genre: Drama | Horror
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: Hour of the Wolf is a difficult film to take in. It's extremely surreal and only gets more increasingly bizarre as the events unfold. There are times when Bergman gets very personal, and I started to feel a certain attachment to Hour of the Wolf. But then the film got all crazy again, and it took me out of the moment. (I know I usually love crazy, but it's just different with Hour of the Wolf.) I realize I'm not endearing myself to film purists by criticizing this Bergman film, but what can I say? I wasn't the biggest fan of The Virgin Spring either (I did like it, I just didn't love it), so maybe our styles just don't mesh. Granted, there's still a world of Ingmar Bergman films out there for me to discover, so I guess I won't write off our relationship just yet.

Also Known As: Vargtimmen

No comments:

Post a Comment