Monday, May 31, 2010

Tell Me You Love Me - Season One (2007)

Tell Me You Love Me (2007)

Created by: Cynthia Mort

Season: One (2007)
Genre: Drama | Romance
Number of Episodes: 10
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Sex. Life.

[IMDb]




Comments: I picked this set up a few weeks ago for around $10. I'll generally watch anything HBO puts out; it's almost always quality television. Tell Me You Love Me was no different, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. The show starts out really well, and it also ends pretty damn good. It's the episodes in between that are draining, mostly because the characters are so damn unlikable. It's hard to make a show that's almost entirely about characters arguing (and having sex), but that's what Tell Me You Love Me is. At times I really wanted these relationships to work out (particularly the older couple, Katie and David), but most of the time I just hoped the people would shut the fuck up and quit being whiny and annoying bitches. The "middle" couple, Carolyn and Palek (played by Sonya Walger of Lost and Adam Scott of Party Down) - whom I expected to like simply because I love the actors - are awful. The acting's fine, but both characters are just... annoying to watch. A second season of Tell Me You Love Me was given the green light, but Cynthia Mort had trouble coming up with realistic and compelling storylines for another 10 episodes. I think that's a blessing in disguise, as I don't know if I could sit through another season. If this is what being married is like, I think I'll stay single for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment