Saturday, May 15, 2010

Robin Hood (2010)

Robin Hood (2010)

Directed by: Ridley Scott
Screenplay by: Brian Helgeland

Genre: Action | Drama
Running Time: 140 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

[IMDb]






Comments: A number of reviews I had read for Robin Hood this week had been highly critical of the film. I was very excited originally, as the Ridley Scott-Russell Crowe connection has been largely a positive one over the years, so I was very upset to learn that the film wasn't going to be very good. I probably wouldn't even have seen the film in theaters had a few friends not been going tonight (I tried to persuade them into seeing Iron Man 2 to no avail). Luckily, I really enjoyed the film. Sure, it's not really very Robin Hood-ish, and at times it feels more like Braveheart than anything else, but I found it to be an entertaining picture. It's also a bit long (I was fidgety at times), but there's also a wealth of material that could be expanded upon (potentially) in a Director's Cut on DVD?). While I understand some of the disappointment in Robin Hood, I found it to be generally worth my time. It's good for a watch if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment