Sunday, May 16, 2010

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

Directed by: Kevin Reynolds
Screenplay by: Pen Densham and John Watson

Genre: Action | Adventure | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 155 Minutes (Extended Cut)
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

For the good of all men, and the love of one woman, he fought to
  uphold justice by breaking the law.


[IMDb]



Comments: It's been several years since I've seen Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, but seeing as I just watched Ridley Scott's take, and that I ordered the two disc edition of Prince of Thieves last week, I figured it was about time. Robin Hood is much more silly than I remember, as parts of the film reminded me of several fantasy flicks of the '80s. Alan Rickman is awesome as always as the Sheriff of Nakatomi Plaza Nottingham, but his character is so off-the-wall and bizarre that it's hard to take him seriously. And I much prefer Kevin Costner in westerns. But still, Robin Hood is an entertaining movie that hearkens back to my youth, which is probably why it's remembered as fondly as it is among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment