Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Bloody Ape (1997)

The Bloody Ape (1997)

Directed by: Keith J. Crocker
Screenplay by: Keith J. Crocker and George Reis

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 77 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Human limbs torn from sockets!

[IMDb]




Comments: After really enjoying the abomination that was Blitzkrieg: Escape from Stalag 69, I found that director Keith Crocker only directed one other film: The Bloody Ape. I finally picked it up the other day, and decided to give it a watch last night. Like Blitzkrieg, it's packed to the gills with unnecessary, uninteresting, and only occasionally funny writing ("My love for you is as deep and as wide as the expansions of your vaginal cavity"). I was forced to sit through 30 minutes of uselessness until anything entertaining happens (a man's very large and very fake penis is ripped out). We then follow around an escaped ape as he slaughters men and (almost always nude) women (the ape also rummages through refrigerators and drives a car). The Bloody Ape has a decent look (it was shot on Super 8) and at times made me chuckle. However, it's not nearly as awesome as Blitzkrieg, simply because it's not nearly as big a piece of shit, and isn't quite as exploitative. Oh, and I felt very racist after watching The Bloody Ape. I flipped through the "making of" featurette, and some asshole was raving about how great it is that Crocker isn't afraid of offending anyone, and how awesome he is in general. And by "anyone," I'm pretty sure he meant blacks and Mexicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment