Saturday, May 8, 2010

Session 9 (2001)

Session 9 (2001)

Directed by: Brad Anderson
Screenplay by: Brad Anderson and Stephen Gevedon

Genre: Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 101 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Fear is a place.

[IMDb]




Comments: A few months ago I read a top ten list on another blog of the top horror films of the decade. I was surprised to see that Session 9 was ranked at #4. I knew of the film in name only, and when looking into it I was even more shocked to see that it starred David Caruso. Finally, I picked up the film yesterday for $10 and watched it this afternoon. While I certainly enjoyed it, I don't think that it's by any means a classic. I was hoping for the film to be a bit more atmospheric, as I haven't been creeped out in a while. But that wasn't the case, and it even felt a bit amateurish at times. But I don't want to be to hard on Session 9, as I certainly enjoyed it and it was very good as a whole. Plus, it has the greatest David Caruso moment in the history of film:

No comments:

Post a Comment