Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blood Mania (1970)

Blood Mania (1970)

Directed by: Robert Vincent O'Neill
Screenplay by: Tony Crechales and Toby Sacher

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 81 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Plunge into a night of unspeakable terror!

[IMDb]




Comments: I became mildly interested in Blood Mania when I was reading the reviews for the Gorehouse Greats Collection, which was a collection of older public domain films. I almost picked the DVD up (from Wal-Mart for $5), but I realized I had a number of the films already in my Drive-In Cult Classics collections, which included Blood Mania. The picture quality is surprisingly good, however the film itself isn't. Sure, there's a bit of sleaze here and there, but it's never over-the-top (which I was hoping for) and there's hardly any violence. The one subplot of the film is almost completely ignored until the "twist" in the ending, but it doesn't make up for a number of oversights and inaccuracies. But, at least you get Maria De Aragon exposing herself in the mirror immediately after poisoning her father (and as he is dying), which makes complete sense. Where else could you find something as awesome as that?

No comments:

Post a Comment