Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vertigo (1958)

Vertigo (1958)

Directed by: Alfred Hitchcock
Screenplay by: Alec Coppel and Samuel A. Taylor

Genre: Crime | Film-Noir | Mystery | Romance | Thriller
Running Time: 128 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned DVD

Alfred Hitchcock engulfs you in a whirlpool of terror and tension!

[IMDb]




Comments: One of my horrible habits is buying all kinds of films and never watching them. I have hundreds and hundreds of unwatched (and often brand new) DVDs lying around. Then I go and rent a pile of DVDs or watch trash like Blood Mania and Horror Hospital and ignore the great films I have. So the other day I decided to start going through and watching the unwatched. This will take me years, but I might as well start sometime. One of my worst oversights is my Alfred Hitchcock collection. I just ordered Warner's Signature Series DVD Collection to go along with Universal's Masterpiece Collection and Mill Creek's shitty but effective Legend Begins set (I bought it for five dollars, and considering it contains 18 of Hitchcock's early films, it's a good deal for now and I won't be pained when getting better versions of the films and dumping this set later), so now I have 40+ Hitchcock films. Most of which, I've never watched. And you can't start in a much better place than Vertigo, which is about as good as it gets. But there's so many more to go. One day I'll get there. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment