Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Black Devil Doll (2007)

Black Devil Doll (2007)

Directed by: Jonathan Lewis
Screenplay by: Shawn Lewis and Mitch Mayes

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 73 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Who will survive? What will be left of them? Will their virginity be
  intact?


[IMDb]



Comments: When Deep Discount had a big sale of underground horror DVDs, Black Devil Doll captured my attention because it was one of the top sellers. I read about the film, and decided it was going to be amazingly funny and awesome. So I ordered it. And I received it yesterday (finally - quality shipping there, DD), and promptly watched it. It wasn't pretty. Black Devil Doll felt like it was made by a group of sixth graders. The jokes are all so unfunny and amateurish, and the gags mostly fall flat. The writers/director aim to offend everyone, but everything is written so poorly that the film offends me simply because it's awful. There is a ton of nudity; unfortunately it's mostly provided by overweight third-rate strippers (hello implant scars!). There's also an "actress" who looks like she just became a lady a few months ago. The film barely runs an hour long, yet there's a ton of interludes and fancy camerawork to delay the plot/bore the hell out of me. Perhaps if there were a bunch of people watching the film with me, it may have been funnier. However, I doubt it. Black Devil Doll is a shitty film; don't believe all the "next cult classic" hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment