Friday, November 27, 2009

Once (2006)

Once (2006)

Directed by: John Carney
Screenplay by: John Carney

Genre: Drama | Music | Romance
Running Time: 85 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

How often do you find the right person?

[IMDb]




Comments: Words may not be adequately able to describe how much I enjoyed this movie. From the amazing music to the sweet and near-perfect storyline, Once is a great film. I'm pretty upset this has been sitting on my shelf for so long. Casting musicians for the leads rather than actors was a wonderful choice, as Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová are both intelligent and charming. The songs are awesome, from "When Your Mind's Made Up" to "Falling Slowly" to my personal favorite, "Say It To Me Now." The scene where Hansard sings "Say It To Me Now" on a street in Ireland is so incredibly moving and powerful, and one of the best scenes in a movie I've seen in a long time. I cannot recommend Once enough. It's pretty close to as good as a movie gets.

EDIT: I've found a link where you can watch Glen performing "Say It To Me Now" from the movie here. The site is completely foreign, but I didn't get any viruses or anything so it should be good. If you're afraid, there's a number of live performances on Youtube, but I think the one from the film is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment