Monday, November 16, 2009

Dead Snow (2009)

Dead Snow (2009)

Directed by: Tommy Wirkola
Screenplay by: Stig Frode Henriksen and Tommy Wirkola

Genre: Action | Adventure | Comedy | Drama | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 91 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Blockbuster

[IMDb]






Comments: I have been really excited about Dead Snow for some time now. There's just something about the phrase "nazi zombies" that really gets me going. My hopes were crushed through the first 45 minutes of the film, however. There was nothing great about Dead Snow. It had the exact same generic setup that thousands of other horror movies have. There were no interesting characters, no memorable dialogue, just a few '80s horror references and endless clichés. Needless to say, I was disappointed. Yet somehow, the film was resurrected in the second half. There was some good zombie violence, and best of all it was genuinely funny. Parts had me laughing out loud, which doesn't often occur when I watch something by myself. It's a shame that the creators couldn't have made the first half of the film better, or we may have had a bona fide cult classic on our hands. I definitely recommend Dead Snow, although it won't be released for sale until February. It's a shame, but I'll definitely be picking it up when it's released.

Also Known As: Død Snø

No comments:

Post a Comment