Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taxi Driver (1976)

Taxi Driver (1976)

Directed by: Martin Scorsese
Screenplay by: Paul Schrader

Genre: Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 113 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a
  somebody.


[IMDb]



Comments: I have seen parts of Taxi Driver over the years, but I've never seen it all in one fell swoop. But now, I've finally gotten around to seeing one of Scorsese's best. While I can say that the film was great, particularly the evolution of Travis Bickle's breakdown (how completely realistic was that?), I have to say that my favorite part was the wonderfully haunting score. A good score can really make a film, and it certainly made Taxi Driver even better than it already was. Not the light, playful music that played when Cybil Shepard was onscreen, but the ominous and brooding pieces that played during the film's darker moments. Taxi Driver looked great on Blu-ray too, so no complaints on the double-dip from me (yes, I actually have the special edition on DVD too... I've just never watched it). What else can I say? If you're a jackass like me and have never watched the film, do it! Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment