Saturday, April 2, 2011

Butchered (2010)

Butchered (2010)

Directed by: Charles Stewart Jr.
Screenplay by: The Sheila Brothers and Roxanne Marchand

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 71 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: What can I say? I love this crap. Butchered is a low budget slasher I bought this week on Echo Bridges' Midnight Horror: Backwoods Butchers collection (complete with three other crappy horror movies that will pop up later on the blog). On one hand, the film has a good look and doesn't look low budget; it's a crisp picture despite the $5 price tag and the fact that four films are shoved on one disc. On the other hand, It feels that at least forty minutes of the barely one-hour runtime is dedicated melodramatic bullshit. Listen, I don't mind some good drama. But I hate seeing it done by completely incompetent actors - especially when all I want out of a film is gratuitous nudity and graphic violence. Butchered doesn't really deliver on those fronts, either (but it's at least not completely neutered). I was left with this lasting thought though: how come all of my female friends I hung out with in high school didn't have breast implants like these girls did?

No comments:

Post a Comment