Friday, April 15, 2011

The Next Three Days (2010)

The Next Three Days (2010)

Directed by: Paul Haggis
Screenplay by: Paul Haggis

Genre: Crime | Drama | Romance | Thriller
Running Time: 122 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Lose who you are to save what you love.

[IMDb]




Comments: The Next Three Days is another movie I didn't have high expectations for. I felt that it would be a fun "Sunday afternoon" movie that was entertaining but nothing more. Luckily, the film was entertaining, but there's certainly some more to go along with it. I was glued to the screen during these two hours, waiting to see how The Next Three Days would unfold. I liked that Russell Crowe had trouble working out the plan to break his wife out - too often in movies things just fall into place so easily. But a large chunk of the film is devoted to Crowe's plans backfiring and him having to retrace his steps. There's also a wealth of known actors that play small roles, which is neat as well (Liam Neeson, Olivia Wilde). Brian Dennehy was great as Crowe's father despite his lack of screen time. He really makes his scenes count. Oh, and Daniel Stern appears out of nowhere too. I love that guy. Anyway, The Next Three Days is a solid film and certainly worth a watch. It's good for a Sunday afternoon... or any other day of the week.

On a side note, I did have one huge beef. Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of implausible things that happened in this movie. But there was one that just annoyed me, because it was proven impossible by Mythbusters... a show millions of people watch! You can't open a car lock with a tennis ball! Why do something so silly when so many people know that you can't do that. Things like this really grind my gears...

No comments:

Post a Comment