Friday, April 15, 2011

Love and Other Drugs (2010)

Love and Other Drugs (2010)

Directed by: Edward Zwick
Screenplay by: Charles Randolph, Edward Zwick, and Marshall
  Herskovitz

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 112 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

[IMDb]





Comments: I think this movie could also double as an asshole test. Listen, I'm a romantic at heart, and I won't lie that a good romance onscreen will make me swoon like a fool (and I mean a good one, not some Twilight bullshit). But in Love and Other Drugs, I was somewhat rooting for Jake and Anne... to go their separate ways. I just kept thinking how fucked up Jake Gyllenhaal's life would be if he stayed with her. Does that make me a selfish asshole? Probably. Or did it mean that I didn't completely buy into their relationship? Maybe. Was Anne Hathaway not wearing any clothes for the first hour the best part of Love and Other Drugs? Definitely. Anyway, this asshole liked the film for what it was, but that's about it. I guess Jake couldn't sell me completely on this one. That's a joke! (You see, he plays a drug rep that sells pharmaceuticals... oh, fuck it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment