Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Salvage (2009)

Salvage (2009)

Directed by: Lawrence Gough
Screenplay by: Colin O'Donnell

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 79 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Fear cannot be contained.

[IMDb]




Comments: I hadn't even heard of Salvage until a few days ago when it was listed as a featured film in DVDTalk's October Horror Movie Challenge. I then saw it for rent at Family Video the other day, so I decided give it a whirl. Unfortunately, it took me two days to get through a 75 minute film. For some reason, Salvage bored the hell out of me. It tries to create high tension while being somewhat of a character study, but instead it feels tired and uninteresting (mainly because I could have given two shits about the characters). The father and daughter introduced at the beginning (which we're led to believe are the main characters at first) are much more interesting but barely used after the first fifteen minutes. It soon becomes all about the mother, who's kind of annoying. Anyway, I can see people enjoying this film, because it's not completely awful and decently directed. But the film just bored the shit out of me, and I really can't recommend it more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment