Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Initiation (1984)

The Initiation (1984)

Directed by: Larry Stewart
Screenplay by: Charles Pratt Jr.

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 97 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

They pledge themselves to be young, stay young... and die young.

[IMDb]




Comments: I wasn't sure at first, but after a few minutes I recalled watching The Initiation when I was younger. One of my favorite things to do as a teenager was rent awesome low-budget horror and exploitation VHS tapes from my local video stores (and see what the clerks would let me get away with when renting; my 14-year-old self loved I Spit on Your Grave). While The Initiation is far from original and hardly sleazy, it's a rather well-made film and certainly surpassed my expectations. I didn't recall the "twist" ending, so that made for a nice surprise as well. It's certainly nothing noteworthy, but The Initiation is a solid '80s slasher that doesn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment