Sunday, October 10, 2010

Diary of the Dead (2007)

Diary of the Dead (2009)

Directed by: George A. Romero
Screenplay by: George A. Romero

Genre: Horror | Sci-Fi
Running Time: 95 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Shoot the dead.

[IMDb]




Comments: Now that I've finally watched the last of Romero's six Dead films, I can safely say that Diary of the Dead is the worst, by far. I found the whole film to be uninteresting, the characters both unsympathetic and unlikable, and the dialogue to be dreadful. I especially hated the scenes where characters had "profound" moments where they would share their wisdom with the camera. Those were terrible and made me want to stab myself in the eye. The only scene I really enjoyed was the "dead" mummy guy chasing the chick toward the end of the film, as it parodied the opening scene when they were shooting a film, before the zombie outbreak. Everything the chick bitched about happening in their horror film that "doesn't happen in real life" happened later on (including her top getting ripped down). That was actually pretty damn funny. Beyond that, blah. Pass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment