Thursday, October 7, 2010

Survival of the Dead (2009)

Survival of the Dead (2009)

Directed by: George A. Romero
Screenplay by: George A. Romero

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 93 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Death isn't what it used to be.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've been a big fan of George Romero's Dead films over the years. I still haven't seen Diary of the Dead although I'm not sure why; I've owned the film for years. I wish I would have though as it's directly referenced at the beginning of Survival of the Dead. As for this film, I enjoyed it. Survival was pretty much bashed in all of the reviews I read for it, however, I still found it to be a good and entertaining zombie flick (although it is definitely the worst when compared to the other four Dead films I've seen). My biggest issue was the dialogue; much of it seemed hokey and at times very unnatural. Beyond that, I was a fan of Survival of the Dead, but I don't think George needs to make any more Dead films. He probably will, though. Maybe one last epic zombie film simply titled ...of the Dead. That could be bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment