Sunday, October 3, 2010

Laid to Rest (2009)

Laid to Rest (2009)

Directed by: Robert Hall
Screenplay by: Robert Hall

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: Ugh. I picked up Laid to Rest last year when it was released for cheap, mainly because it looked cool (I may have read some decent reviews too, I don't recall). Anyway, I finally got around to watching it today and what a waste of 90 minutes this was. Unending clichés and awful acting (featuring even worse southern accents) are all par for the course in Laid to Rest. I can't tell you how many times the people being chased by "Chrome Skull" were in a car or in the clear, but somehow they managed to find themselves back in danger in no time. I will admit that I did find the last act 200% better than the rest of the film, but that really isn't saying much. Plus the main chick has a huge (albeit fake) rack, yet never really showed off the goods or wore anything provocative (save for a little home video footage at the end). What a waste. A word of advice for the future: pass on Laid to Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment