Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pig Hunt (2008)

Pig Hunt (2008)

Directed by: James Isaac
Screenplay by: Robert Mailer Anderson and Zack Anderson

Genre: Action | Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 100 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

Get muddy! Get bloody! Kill or be killed!

[IMDb]




Comments: I went into Pig Hunt with no real expectations. It had a 4.8 rating on the IMDb, which generally guarantees awfulness (although a high rating never guarantees a good film). However, I read in a few places that it was one of the better Fangoria FrightFest releases (of which Pig Hunt was apart of along with seven other films; it's very similar to Lionsgate's After Dark Horrorfest). Anyway, the first half of the film was dull as shit and I kept glancing at the clock to see how much longer I had. Then all of a sudden, shit got real! Pig Hunt went from a by-the-numbers horror flick to a bizarre yet generally entertaining film. I don't want to overstate the awesomeness, as Pig Hunt's still a mediocre film. It's just not nearly as shitty as I thought it was going to be. And it has an awesome soundtrack too. Worth a rent at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment