Thursday, October 21, 2010

Delirium (1972)

Delirium (1972)

Directed by: Renato Polselli
Screenplay by: Renato Polselli

Genre: Crime | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 102 Minutes (International Cut)
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: On one hand, certain parts of Delirium are awesome and fun as hell to watch. On the other hand, the film is bizarre as hell and can generally be described as completely wacky. Characters did certain things seemingly only to further the plot, and the entire story from beginning to end just felt off. Combined with the fact that many of the characters are bat-shit crazy, and you have yourself one strange film. The DVD also includes the alternate American cut, which I fast-forwarded through, and parts of it are rather different from the International version. Whenever I see a DVD with multiple endings I always feel less enthused with the film I watched; it always feels like the director/writer never had "one vision" and couldn't make up their minds. The same goes for Delirium, and it help explains why the film feels so disjointed at times.

Also, I'm not quite sure how much crap I'll be watching in the next couple weeks. I just got a new (and very good) job, but it's a couple hours away so there's a lot of shit that needs done. And then, on top of what normal people have to do when moving, I have to pack up 2,000+ DVDs and the accompanying shelves and crap that go with it. While it's an exciting time, I'll be much more glad when it's all done and I can watch the newly-acquired Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers in my new place.

Also Known As: Delirio Caldo

No comments:

Post a Comment