Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Carriers (2009)

Carriers (2009)

Directed by: Àlex Pastor and David Pastor
Screenplay by: Àlex Pastor and David Pastor

Genre: Drama | Thriller | Horror
Running Time: 84 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

The rules are simple. You break them, you die.

[IMDb]




Comments: Considering I hadn't even heard of the film before last week, I was pleasantly surprised with Carriers. I was mildly interested when I learned that Chris Pine was in it. I will admit to having a man-crush on Captain Kirk, and I thought it was rather awesome that he was in a post-apocalyptic thriller (which turned out to have decent reviews). I really enjoyed the film, and it reminded me a lot of Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later (sans zombies). Sure, there's not a big budget, but the acting's good and the story is solid. The plot revolves around two brothers and their women on the road after a deadly virus wipes out most of humanity. We never learn the origins of the virus or see much of the destruction, but the script is well-written and never leaves the viewer needing to have more explained. I would have liked to see an R rated film with some more blood and guts, but beyond that I don't have too many complaints. Carriers is a surprisingly decent film that would be a solid watch for those looking for entertainment on these cold winter nights. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment