Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Directed by: Patrick Lussier
Screenplay by: Todd Farmer and Zane Smith

Genre: Crime | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 101 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

He's gonna break your heart.

[IMDb]




Comments: Well, at least My Bloody Valentine was better than both the original '80s My Bloody Valentine and the recent reboot of Friday the 13th. But that's still not saying much. I tried to watch the 3-D version of the film, but all it did was give me a headache, so after 5 minutes I flipped the disc and watched the 2-D version. The film has a few good things going for it, namely the naked chick that runs around for a good 5 minutes (and I mean naked), as well as the events which lead up to the finale. The "whodunnit" aspect is played up well in the final act and I was actually unsure as to who in fact "did it." Once that's revealed however (in true eye-rolling fashion), the film loses all of the steam it had building, and returns to being just another horror film. My Bloody Valentine did have some decent kill scenes, including a shovel through the mouth and an old guy's jaw that gets ripped off. Even though My Bloody Valentine is simply just another slasher film, it is fun to watch, and worth a view for horror fans in need of killing time before H2: Halloween 2 comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment