Friday, May 8, 2009

Cold Prey (2006)

Cold Prey (2006)

Directed by: Roar Uthaug
Screenplay by: Thomas Moldestad, Roar Uthaug, and Martin
  Sundland

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 97 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Prepare for your final descent.

[IMDb]



Comments: I first noticed Cold Prey while wandering around Wal-Mart one night. The movie looked like it might be promising. So I came home, checked it out online, decided I would pick it up on my next trip, and then promptly forgot about it. Last week, however, while at my local used electronics store, I found the film for $5, which was awesome. Upon viewing Cold Prey, the first thing I noticed was the colors, and how everything is mostly a shade of black or grey. I'm sure director Roar Uthaug (sweetest name ever?) used a filter of some sort, but there's no reds or yellows or any bright colors at all in the movie, which is rather neat and very cool looking. Cold Prey as a whole was a pretty entertaining slasher, even if it did drag on a bit in the middle. There's not very much gore, but there's a few creepy sequences that are well done. The dialogue is a bit hokey at times, but that could be just the translation as the film is not in English. It's worth a viewing if you're interested in a decent slasher.


Also Known As: Fritt Vilt

No comments:

Post a Comment