Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Baby's Room (2006)

The Baby's Room (2006)

Directed by: Álex de la Iglesia
Screenplay by: Jorge Guerricaechevarría and Álex de la Iglesia

Genre: Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 77 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: The Baby's Room is part of six films from the Spanish television show Films to Keep You Awake. The show is similar to the Masters of Horror series that was on Showtime. Except it's in Spanish. Anyway, I originally bought the three disc set from Lionsgate a few months ago, as two of the films are helmed by Paco Plaza and Jaume Balaguero, the two men who co-directed the amazing [Rec]. However, the damn thing sat on my shelf until now. I planned to watch one of the two aforementioned director's films, but I checked a few reviews and The Baby's Room was most often the favorite in the set. I was pleasantly surprised with how good this short film was. Álex de la Iglesia directed a wonderfully paranoid "haunted house" story. There are some moments that are genuinely creepy and gave me the chills as I watched what unfolded. I only hope the other films hold up as well as The Baby's Room. And don't let the fact that this was aired on television scare you away, as there was some violence, language, nudity, and all the good stuff packed in as well.


Also Known As: La Habitación del Niño

No comments:

Post a Comment