Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Young Adult (2011)

Young Adult (2011)

Directed by: Jason Reitman
Screenplay by: Diablo Cody

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

Everyone gets old. Not everyone grows up.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm so glad I finally grabbed Young Adult the other day. I've wanted to see it for some time now for a number of reasons. I love Patton Oswalt (such a great stand-up, and he's a solid actor too). I love Charlize Theron (she's one of the all-time great #motherofgod women). I'm a fan of Jason Reitman's work (particularly Up in the Air). And finally, I think Diablo Cody's a pretty decent writer too (fuck the haters, Jennifer's Body was fucking awesome). Combine all of this, and you have a great movie in Young Adult. Sure, it doesn't seem to follow the typical growth in a character we're used to seeing in films, and it's incredibly difficult to watch during some scenes due to the awkward scenarios, but I fucking loved it. Theron and Oswalt are wonderful, and reason enough to see the film. If you like black comedies at all, I'm giving a strong recommendation to check this film out.

No comments:

Post a Comment