Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Lickerish Quartet (1970)

The Lickerish Quartet (1970)

Directed by: Radley Metzger
Screenplay by: Michael DeForrest

Genre: Drama
Running Time: 90 Minutes
MPAA Rating: X
Viewed: Netflix Watch Instantly

Beyond the physical edge...

[IMDb]




Comments: I really enjoyed the previous Radley Metzger film I watched, Score, so I was eager to check out some more of his work when I found a few of his films on Netflix. Unfortunately, this "erotic art house" film is entirely too art house; the pretentious scale is off the charts. We jump back and forth between present and past, partake in dream sequences that may or may not be real, and watch as one film strip is seen differently every time it's played. There's not a lot of fun in the film like there was in Score, and that's probably the most unfortunate aspect. I really should've watched Best Worst Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment