Monday, January 30, 2012

Laura (1944)

Laura (1944)

Directed by: Otto Preminger
Screenplay by: Jay Dratler, Samuel Hoffenstein, and Elizabeth
  Reinhardt

Genre: Crime | Film-Noir | Mystery | Romance | Thriller
Running Time: 88 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]





Comments: To the displeasure of many film aficionados, I much prefer newer movies to classic cinema. I know that's not the way a true film fan should sound, but hey - I do what I want. However, from time to time I like to dive into something that would feel right at home on TCM. Tonight, Laura was my selection. I've wanted to watch the film for a number of years after hearing many great things about it. I decided to catch up with it this evening, and I'm glad I did. Laura's a well-written and suspenseful film that really feels ahead of its time with all of the twists and turns throughout the last act. So while I'm not going to win any film geeks over with my opinions (or this awful review), Laura is a great flick to check out if you need to catch up on some classic noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment