Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

Directed by: Brad Bird
Screenplay by: Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec

Genre: Action | Adventure | Thriller
Running Time: 133 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

No plan. No backup. No choice.

[IMDb]




Comments: In terms of pure action, it's really hard to go wrong with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. While I enjoyed the first two films to an extent, I loved Mission: Impossible III and I was hoping Ghost Protocol would build on that. And while the action does get ramped up to new heights, there's a lack of that personal touch that really made me feel close to the characters in the last go-round (though I will fully support any movie that employs Paula Patton - that woman is fucking gorgeous). But I really have no major complaints, because Ghost Protocol is absolutely everything it should be: loud, entertaining, and completely over-the-top. I wouldn't mind seeing a Part V down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment