Saturday, January 14, 2012

Death Stop Holocaust (2009)

Death Stop Holocaust (2009)

Directed by: Justin Russell
Screenplay by: Justin Russell

Genre: Horror
Running Time: 80 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

For two young women, an island paradise is about to become... a
  nightmare of terror!


[IMDb]



Comments: At long last, the return of shitty horror movie night! When I have an extended weekend in my hometown (and nothing better to do), I like to travel to my local Family Video and stock up on some movies I've wanted to see. This week though, I've been under the weather, but I'd managed it and I was starting to feel better.

Until last night. I'd watched about 20 minutes of Death Stop Holocaust (and actually liked it - the theme was cool and it was filmed in the famed "grindhouse" style), but I started to feel ill so I turned the film off around 10:00 pm. I woke up about two hours later spewing up my dinner from the night before; oh great, now I have the flu. After tossing and turning, we had another repeat of the spewing around 2:30. I was lucky enough to fall asleep, but woke up again at 4:00 am, but this time feeling alright. I couldn't sleep, so I dove back into Death Stop Holocaust. I should have let it go.

Even though the acting's bad, and the script's cliched and worthless, I liked the style and feel of the low budget film. Then we got an hour straight of the main character running around and screaming. Annoying when you're not sick, super annoying when you are sick and watching the film at 5:00 am. Death Stop Holocaust is bad. The opening theme is about the only redeeming factor of this rip-off hack of a horror film.

Though I haven't thrown up since finishing the film, so maybe it cured me!

No comments:

Post a Comment