Saturday, January 21, 2012

Haywire (2011)

Haywire (2011)

Directed by: Steven Soderbergh
Screenplay by: Lem Dobbs

Genre: Action | Thriller
Running Time: 93 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

They left her no choice.

[IMDb]




Comments: Haywire is a pretty solid flick. It's most definitely a Soderbergh film through-and-through: the score, the editing, the colors - it all harkens back to his earlier films (not that it's a bad thing). Haywire certainly isn't in the upper echelon of the man's catalog, but that shouldn't dissuade you from seeing a solid thriller.

I can't say I was completely sold on Gina Carano. The MMA fighter-turned actress is totally capable during the film's entertaining fight scenes, but her acting left me a little cold. It didn't help that I knew beforehand that her voice was altered (or dubbed) in post-production. Though I'd definitely let her kick my ass whenever she wanted...

Haywire is a fun little excursion. I'm sure I won't remember much about it by the end of the year, but it served its for purpose today. There's a lot of recognizable actors spread throughout (Fassbender FTW!), and the story is recognizable enough that you won't need to process much of what's going on. It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment