Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Devil Inside (2012)

The Devil Inside (2012)

Directed by: William Brent Bell
Screenplay by: William Brent Bell and Matthew Peterman

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

No soul is safe.

[IMDb]




Comments: Look, I knew The Devil Inside wasn't going to be any good. I think it had a 6% or something yesterday morning when I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes. The film looked like it was completely unoriginal, uninspired, and made only to capitalize on the Paranormal Activity craze... yet I enjoy watching this shit, so that's why I went.

- Unoriginal? Uninspired? Made only to capitalize on the Paranormal Activity craze? Pretty much. However, I was able to enjoy myself for most of the film. I knew exactly how the plot was going to unfold (the filmmakers spell everything out for you; by making a point of talking about certain aspects, it's obvious to the viewer that those things are going to pop up later).

- The ending sufficiently pissed everyone off, myself included. Somewhat of a spoiler: It's sudden, resolves nothing, and urges you to find out more online. Yep, that's what I want to do after watching a movie. End spoiler.

- Really, there's not much more to say. I've seen movies like this a hundred times before, but luckily The Devil Inside wasn't completely terrible either. If I hadn't seen all the great movies at the theater over the last two weeks that I did, I certainly would have had a better selection. Oh well, I knew what I was getting myself into. And it turned out exactly as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment