Saturday, March 12, 2011

Whiteout (2009)

Whiteout (2009)

Directed by: Dominic Sena
Screenplay by: Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber, Chad Hayes, and Carey
  Hayes

Genre: Action | Crime | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 101 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

See your last breath.

[IMDb]



Comments: Wow. This... this wasn't good. I had wanted to watch Whiteout since it was first released. I have a soft spot for movies that take place in isolation (which is probably why I enjoy films set in space), and Whiteout seemed to fit the bill. Despite the bad reviews, I held tight in my desire to see it. Finally, I decided to take the plunge Friday at Target, as the Blu-ray was only $10. Yeah, Whiteout's not worth the $10. I wasn't expecting much, but I did go in thinking I'd at least be entertained (I've always thought of Gone in Sixty Seconds - also helmed by Dominic Sena - as a great popcorn movie). But terrible dialogue, predictable plots, and my general disinterest in the proceedings created a sense of boredom rather than excitement. Skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment