Sunday, March 27, 2011

Catfish (2010)

Catfish (2010)

Directed by: Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman

Genre: Documentary
Running Time: 87 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Online

Don't let anyone tell you what it is.

[IMDb]





Comments: While I was fortunate enough not to have the "twist" in Catfish spoiled for me, I kind of knew where the film was going (based on a general idea) and so I wasn't too amazed by the reveal. In that sense, I was a bit let down, but Catfish is still a solid piece of filmmaking. I think that the film is at its best when the crew is driving to Michigan, and they drive onto the farm in the middle of the night when first arriving. The scene is tense and genuinely creepy (even though it's not a horror film); a lot of horror movies strive to have this atmosphere. I also liked the fact that there's a sense of normalcy to the end of the film, until the text comes up before the credits explaining what goes on after the film - and everything that was revealed is also pretty fucked. Catfish is a good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment