Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

Directed by: Michael Mann
Screenplay by: Michael Mann and Christopher Crowe

Genre: Adventure | Romance | War
Running Time: 117 Minutes (Director's Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The first American hero.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'd never actually seen The Last of the Mohicans before today. It's one of those movies I've always meant to see, but just never got around to watching (which is surprising, considering I'm a big Michael Mann fan). While I really liked the film, I won't lie in the fact that I expected to enjoy it more. I really felt like a half hour or so could have been added in the beginning to help better set up the film and its amazing last hour. But beyond that, I don't really have anything negative to say. While Daniel Day-Lewis may not have reached his peak as an actor at the time, he still does a good job in creating a hero for the audience. The action sequences are generally well done, and the movie as a whole looks great on Blu-ray. And the score is top notch as well. The Last of the Mohicans is a great watch that's well worth your time... but you probably already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment