Saturday, March 19, 2011

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

Battle: Los Angeles (2011)

Directed by: Jonathan Liebesman
Screenplay by: Christopher Bertolini

Genre: Action | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 116 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

[IMDb]






Comments: When I was listening to last week's episode of Filmspotting while driving to my hometown last night for the weekend, guest host Steve Prokopy summed up Battle: Los Angeles as nicely as possible in one sentence: "It is what it is." (And speaking of sentences, how fucking long was that one?) Look, I love big budget popcorn films, but off the top of my head, I can't name any that can stand up to prior greats like Armageddon and Independence Day. Battle: Los Angeles tries its damnedest to reach Grade A popcorn status, but there's not enough personality injected in these characters to make me care about them at all. Still, the movie's fun, and I got pretty much what I expected out of it - just nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment